SUPPLY LIST (prepare in advance)
ALL supplies can be substituted. We will talk to the kids about being resourceful and using what’s available, so don’t stress! What’s listed below are suggestions and it is NOT necessary to obtain anything you don’t already have at home.
Make a small box of General Supplies to be used each day:
- Glue stick
- Tape!!!! (We like masking tape for kids, but any type will work.)
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Garbage can or extra box for trash!
Send your nerd around the house to prepare a good sized JUNK BOX!!!! Any and all junk to repurpose and use each day. Here are some ideas:
- Recyclables (Basically any and everything. Variety is great!)
- Cereal box type cardboard (easy for kids to cut)
- Some regular cardboard
- A few paper plates, cups, or bowls
- Some stiff items: Craft sticks, paint stirrers, rulers, chopsticks, pencils, dowels, etc
- Some other ideas, none are necessary, but all could be interesting!
- Office supplies: paper clips, binder clips, random old pens and pencils, etc
- Craft supplies: clothes pins, pipe cleaners, yarn/string, fabric or felt scraps, googly eyes (just for fun), etc.
- Broken toys
Extra stuff for this class:
- aluminum foil
- packing peanuts or styrofoam (if you have it)
- building set like Lego, K’Nex, or similar
- Ice – 10 cubes or so (for Monday)